Friday, February 5, 2021
(Washington, DC) – Today, Mayor Muriel Bowser announced the appointment of Dr. Faith Gibson Hubbard as the next director of the Mayor’s Office of Community Affairs (MOCA).
Dr. Gibson Hubbard is a passionate and committed public servant who has served in several professional and volunteer roles focused on community engagement including as President of the Ward Five Council on Education, as a member of the Advisory committee for the Student Assignment and School Boundaries Review process for the District of Columbia Public School, and as member of the DC Public Library Board of Library Board of Trustees.
In April 2019, Mayor Bowser appointed Dr. Gibson Hubbard as the first Executive Director of Thrive by Five DC. In this capacity, she has led efforts to ensure every family in the District is knowledgeable of and connected to programs and resources, ranging from maternal health to early childhood supports, needed not only to survive but to thrive. Prior to this role, Dr. Gibson Hubbard served as the first Chief Student Advocate for the District of Columbia, leading the work of the DC Office of the Student Advocate. Dr. Gibson Hubbard also served as the Interim Ombudsman for Public Education, leading the work of the Office of the Ombudsman for Public Education.
The Mayor’s Office of Community Affairs serves as a connection between District residents and the Executive Office of the Mayor, and includes the following offices:
- Mayor’s Office on African Affairs
- Mayor’s Office on African American Affairs
- Mayor’s Office on Asian and Pacific Islander Affairs
- Mayor’s Office of the Clean City
- Mayor’s Office on Fathers, Men and Boys
- Mayor’s Office on Latino Affairs
- Mayor’s Office of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning Affairs
- Mayor’s Office of Nightlife and Culture
- Mayor’s Office of Religious Affairs
- Mayor’s Office on Returning Citizens Affairs
- Mayor’s Office of Veterans Affairs
- Mayor’s Office of Volunteerism and Partnerships
- Mayor’s Office on Women’s Policy and Initiatives
More about the Mayor’s Office of Community Affairs at communityaffairs.dc.gov.